Thursday, January 14, 2010

haircut and random thoughts

Lately in my mind it seems that having short hair during the winter makes more sense than just letting it grow long along with the beard. Why? I'm not sure but here are some random thoughts on that.
1- It dries faster after a long ride. Having short hair prevents my pretty little head from freezing during winter.
2- Wake up in the morning, or any other time with no bed head.
3- I'm just getting lazier and don't
want to use a brush or comb.
4- No helmet hair, this is specially appropriate when one of our rides ends at a bar and there are cute girls. Helmet hair is so unbecoming. Even if you get paid big money for riding a bike.













So I went to Hair Cuttery to see my stylist Elena, (yes I did say stylist, not sure lady barber applies). She was telling me about her upcoming vacation in April to Cancun. I was a little jealous since I can't go any where right now. This unemployment thing really sucks.


On my way back I stopped at the library to p
ick up a copy of "The Nanny Diaries" DVD that I had reserved. Hey Scarlett Johansson is hot! I will reserve a DVD if she is in it, just to see her in my living room. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with a crush on her since I had to reserve the DVD at the library.
Besides after reading the book I decided to check out the movie. Although I have to admit it was more the fact that I'm secretly in love with Scarlett. While in line to check out my copy of "Nanny Diaries", I saw this book on the section "Books we like".

















Needless to say I checked it out. Since I'm already making my own knickers for riding my bike. I might as well start stitchin', or should I say knittin' and crochetin' my own scarves, gloves, mittens, beanies and sweaters (that might be a stretch though, I don't think I have the patience for sweater making) and what ever else this little book teaches about knittin', stitchin' and crochetin' fashions for men. And I have a forum where I can actually do the bitchin' part of the book. Here.
Not afraid to admit I have a feminine side (or at least I will find out)






Hey I'm trying to be frugal since there is no work prospects right now, and I need to save money. What with that funny business of having to pay rent and feed myself, anything is pretty good as far as saving money goes. I might as well look for ways to stay warm during the winter for less.Maybe even have fun doing it, or just have it be a horrible experiment.
As I was unlocking my bike a thought came to mind. Yesterday I was ranting about the neglected/abandon bikes along Milwaukee Ave. Well when I looked at my bike I realized it sorta looks like one of the neglected bikes.












Even the saddle looks really beat up! I imagined another fellow cyclist passing by, looking at the bike and thinking what kind of a douche leaves his bike neglected in front of the library. But I know that in reality no one is really looking at my bike, let alone thinking why I'm a douche for neglecting it in front of the library.








Well I will let you know if the movie was as good as the book or not. I shed a tiny tear when I reached the end of the book. Let's see if the movie does the same. If not at least I get to see Miss. Johansson in her underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment